INTERMEDIATE LEATHERCRAFT LEVEL 2
Atelier Lodge Intermediate Leathercraft Level 2 Course
This is a progression syllabus of our leathercrafting course. The end course project is making of a Leather Bag (of your design).
Basic Leathercraft Module – 1 session of Cutting-Pro, 2 sessions of Stitching-Pro for fundamental building. You will be learning the entry-level skills of leathercrafting as well as familiarize the leathers, tools and equipment.
- Introductory to leathercrafting and safety brief (handling of tools and equipment)
- Fundamentals – Cutting, Assembling, Forming, Saddle Hand-stitching, Finishing, Edge-Dyeing
- You would have made Qty of 3 leather products upon completing this module.
Intermediate Leathercraft Module – 3 to 5 sessions (depending of the design) of Bag making. You will apply all you have learnt to make a leather bag.
- Designing and advice from instructors (your design will be strictly subjected to instructor’s approval)
- Selecting leathers (subjected to instructor’s approval)
- Planning and discussion of the making process with instructors
- Preparing the leathers
- Working of the project independently with instructors’ guidance
- Applying all skills you have learn
- Every Saturdays for Basic Leathercraft Module (in conjunction with our standard weekly classes, see calendar)
- Time: 1pm to 5pm
- On intermediate stage (start of wallet/purse-making), you can talk to your instructors to arrange flexible attendance
- Each session is 4 to 5 hours
- Total: 6 (to 8) sessions
- Leather: Premium Vegetable-tanned Leathers (Italy Leather Tannery)
- You will make a total of 4 leather products
- Please see ‘Contact Us’ page for our workshop address
*the image of the leather bag here are all made by students.