INTERMEDIATE LEATHERCRAFT LEVEL 1
Atelier Lodge Intermediate Leathercraft Level 1 Course
This is a progression syllabus of our leathercrafting course. The end course project is making of a Men’s Leather Bi-fold Wallet or a Ladies Ladies Long Purse.
Basic Leathercraft Module – 1 session of Cutting-Pro, 2 sessions of Stitching-Pro for fundamental building. You will be learning the entry-level skills of leathercrafting as well as familiarize the leathers, tools and equipment.
- Introductory to leathercrafting and safety brief (handling of tools and equipment)
- Fundamentals – Cutting, Assembling, Forming, Saddle Hand-stitching, Finishing, Edge-Dyeing
- You would have made Qty of 3 leather products upon completing this module.
Intermediate Leathercraft Module – 3 sessions of Wallet or Purse making. You will apply all you have learnt to make a leather wallet or purse.
- Planning and discussion of the making process with instructors
- Preparing the leathers
- Working of the project independently with instructors’ guidance
- Applying all skills you have learn
- Every Saturdays for Basic Leathercraft Module (in conjunction with our standard weekly classes, see calendar)
- Time: 1pm to 5pm
- On intermediate stage (start of wallet/purse-making), you can talk to your instructors to arrange flexible attendance
- Each session is 4 to 5 hours
- Total: 6 sessions (30hrs)
- Leather: Premium Vegetable-Tanned Leathers (Italy Leather Tannery)
- You will make a total of 4 leather products
- Please see ‘Contact Us’ page for our workshop address